- Start the Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Challenge with a trim, the amount of hair you choose to trim off depends on you. (Optional) Note that this particular rule is optional so if you have recently done a trim or in your opinion your ends seem healthy enough there will be no need to get a trim. After the initial trim, keep trimming at the barest minimum, avoid it if possible.
- Do a pre-shampoo or hot oil treatment before washing and deep conditioning your hair (Optional)
- Wash and deep condition your hair every one or two weeks, you need to be consistent.
- Moisturise and seal your hair daily, every other day or thrice in a week. The amount of times you choose to moisturise and seal will depend on what actually suits your hair.
- Oil your scalp every day or every other day with a growth aid of your choice such as Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil or any growth aid you may prefer.
- Keep your hair in buns, french twists, updos, wigs, braids, weaves and other protective styles to retain length at least 5 times a week. For weaves and braids be sure to take them down latest after three weeks - a month to wash/deep condition your hair. Also be sure to moisturise your hair and oil your scalp as often as you can, if your hair is in a weave try to go under the tracks.
- Do not use any form of direct heat to style your hair such as flat irons, curling wands. Avoid blowdrying your hair as much as possible and if you must blow dry your hair use the lowest heat setting or better still the cool setting. Roller setting is permitted as it is a form of indirect heat.
- If you are relaxed or texlaxed, stretch your relaxers to at least eight weeks.
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome" - Anne Bradstreet, The Works of Anne Bradstreet